The anchor event of the Rochester Real Beer Week is the “Rochester Beer Expo”, Rochester’s premier annual craft beer tasting event.
Local business owners from the award-winning South Wedge neighborhood have joined forces through the Business Association of the South Wedge Area (BASWA) to bring you a street party with over 80 of the most exciting craft beers currently available. The event will be held on tree-lined Gregory Street in the South Wedge, from Whalin Street to Bond Street. Along with a world-class collection of craft beers we will be serving up ciders, locally made cheeses, and locavore eats including Cajun BBQ, fresh pizza, poutine, German & Italian sausage, wraps and sandwiches, hand rolled cigars, and more. All against the backdrop of live local musicians. Plus a few new surprise twists that will be sure to delight and amaze you.
We love our neighborhood and we love good beer. We will bring to you a beer festival that captures what is exciting in the ever-changing craft beer community. Too often we have found ourselves at beer festivals that simply offer all the same beers commonly available at any event. We aim to shake things up and present you with the type of beer event that we would like to attend. When you go to a tasting event you should hope and expect to have your eyes opened to new experiences. We can certainly promise you that. Our neighborhood thrives on its creativity and diversity and we will bring you an experience that reflects that.
Beers that will be available for tasting at the 2014 Rochester Real Beer Expo:
Harpoon - Maple Tap / Citra Victoria / Big Squeeze
Sam Adams - Latitude 48 / East Kent Golding / Hallertau / Zeus / Mosaic / Simcoe / 1 BTL UTOPIA VIP
Saranac - Clouded Dream / Single Malt /
Lake Placid - Leaping Cow
Captain Lawrence - Pilot Stout / Belgian Ale
Sierra Nevada - Knitro Stout / Nooner IPA CASK
Ithaca - Oaked White Gold / Luminous / Cruiser
Firestone Walker - Velvet Merkin / Sucaba / 17th Anniversary / Agrestic
Bruery - 6 Geese / Trade Wind Triple
Ballast Point - Piper Down / Thai Wahoo Wheat
Empire - Deep Purple / Kubal
North Coast - Old Rasputin CASE / Le Merle / Pranqster
Bells - Bourbon Barrel Kalamazoo / Roundhouse / Lager of the Lakes
Peak Organic - Weiss Principal / Ginger Saison / Cirus Saison
Allagash - White / Saison
Dogfish Head 120 Minute / World Wide Stout / Immortal / Festina Peche
Anderson Valley - Horse Tongue / Holy Gose / Boont Barl / Mowkeef Saison
Sly Fox - Grisette / Black Raspberry Reserve
Middle Ages - Late Knight IPA / Jester
Left Hand - Smoke Jumper / Widdershins / St. Vrain
Smuttynose - Noonan / Imperial Stout / Barley Wine / Hugs and Rainbows
Lagunitas - Night Time / Hop Stoopid
Maine - Peeper / Weez / Lunch / Mo
Blackbird Cider Works - Kentucky Blue Grass / Red Barn Farm Style
Ace Cider - Honey / Pear
Uinta - Birthday Suit Baba Black Lager
Victory - CBC Alt / Liberty Bell Ringer
Goose Island - Endless IPA / Bourbon County Stout / Sophie
1911 Spirits - Orginal / Blueberry
Southern Tier - 2X1 / Pumking
Founders - Barrel Aged Red Rye / Dirty Bastard / All Day
Brooklyn - Silver Anniversay Lager / Hammarby Syndrome
Ommegang - Cooperstown Ale / Fleur deHoublon
Long Trail - Berliner Weisse / Mostly Cloudy
Great Lakes - Steinbock / Wright Pils
21st Amendment - Hell or High Watermelon / Bitter American
ROC Brewing - Berliner / Dark Mild / Saison de'Ron
Rohrbachs - Citra Double IPA / South Wedge Summer Wheat
Naked Dove -Berliner Weisse / Dunkel / Flemish Red / Roy Boyds Double Pale
Three Heads - Rye Dye / Moho / Rye Dye CASK
CB Craft Brewers - Dry Hopped Monkey CASK / Brandel Weiss / Georgia Peach
Rogers - Belgian Brown / Boxer
Unity Kombucha - Ginger / Raspberry
Dark Horse - Crooked Tree / Smells Like a Safety Meeting
Grimm - BFF / With Love From Grimm
Jacks Abby - Hoponius / Leisure Time Lager
Global Beer - Petrus Aged Pale / Monks Café
Westbrook - IPA / One Claw
Beau's - Lug Tread / Tom Green Beer
Upstate Brewing - Common Sense / IPW
Fairport -Brown / Double IPA
Horseheads -IPA / Hot Jala Heim
B Nektar Meadery -Zombie Killer / Dudes Rug
Shiner -Black Lager / White
Hamburg -No Lux / Small Town
Great food and merch from these vendors:
- Le Petite Poutine
- Little Venice Pizza
- Swan Market
- The Beale
- Santiago Cigar
Check out these great musicians at the 2014 Rochester Real Beer Expo:
- Ruckus Jug Juice Stompers
- Krypton 88
- Natalie B and the Fabulous Swamp Brothers
Sleep it off at on of these great establishments. Special rates to Beer Expo available include shuttle service to and from the Expo:
Parking is available on South Avenue, South Clinton, and neighborhood streets throughout the neighborhood. Please be considerate and do not block driveways.
EVENT RULES & DETAILS
- You will receive 20 tasting tickets for use at the beer & wine tents, but you may come back for 10 more tickets at no additional fee. Security will conduct a sobriety evaluation prior to giving out additional tickets.
- General Admission gates open at 6:00. VIP/Early admission gates open at 5:00.
- Admission is festival area is open to ages 21 and over only.
- No pets are allowed in festival area.
- No carry-in food or beverages are allowed in the festival.
- Re-entry is allowed with a valid wristband.
- Event ends promptly at 10:00 PM and guests must leave the festival site by 10:15.
- Restrooms are located at each end of the festival.
- Intoxicated or disruptive individuals will be removed from the festival and are not eligible for re-entry.
- Event Tickets are non-refundable.
- First Aid is available at the Vendor Tent in the Entry Gate area.
- Designated Drivers will not receive a tasting glass and are not permitted to sample beers. Anyone with a Designated Driver wristband who is seen sampling beers will be removed from the festival.
- Ticket upgrades: Designated Driver tickets may be upgraded to General Admission tickets at the entry gate, day of event.
- Let us call you a ride: Volunteers at the Entry Tent will call you a cab at the end of the event. Proceed there when you are ready to leave and ask anyone there to call one for you.