Rochester Real Beer Expo 2016
The Rochester Real Beer Expo 2016 wil be held on June 11th, 2016. The anchor event of the Rochester Real Beer Week is the “Rochester Beer Expo”, Rochester’s premier annual craft beer tasting event.
Local business owners from the award-winning South Wedge neighborhood have joined forces through the Business Association of the South Wedge Area (BASWA) to bring you a street party with over 100 of the most exciting craft beers currently available. The event will be held on tree-lined Gregory Street in the South Wedge, from Whalin Street to Bond Street. Along with a world-class collection of craft beers we will be serving up ciders, locally made cheeses, and locavore eats including Cajun BBQ, fresh pizza, poutine, German & Italian sausage, wraps and sandwiches, hand rolled cigars, and more. All against the backdrop of live local musicians. Plus a few new surprise twists that will be sure to delight and amaze you.
We love our neighborhood and we love good beer. We will bring to you a beer festival that captures what is exciting in the ever-changing craft beer community. Too often we have found ourselves at beer festivals that simply offer all the same beers commonly available at any event. We aim to shake things up and present you with the type of beer event that we would like to attend. When you go to a tasting event you should hope and expect to have your eyes opened to new experiences. We can certainly promise you that. Our neighborhood thrives on its creativity and diversity and we will bring you an experience that reflects that.
Beverage list coming soon!
Food vendors will include:
- Le Petite Poutine
- McCanns Local Meats
- Swan Market
- Little Venice Pizza
Sisters of Murphy
Sleep it off at the Hilton DoubleTree Inn and enjoy free shuttle service to and from the Expo! Special rates to Beer Expo guests are available. Use this link to access the details and book your room.
Parking is available on South Avenue, South Clinton, and neighborhood streets throughout the neighborhood. Please be considerate and do not block driveways.
EVENT RULES & DETAILS
- You will receive 20 tasting tickets for use at the beer & wine tents, but you may come back for 10 more tickets at no additional fee. Security will conduct a sobriety evaluation prior to giving out additional tickets.
- General Admission gates open at 6:00. VIP/Early admission gates open at 5:00.
- Admission is festival area is open to ages 21 and over only.
- No pets are allowed in festival area.
- No carry-in food or beverages are allowed in the festival.
- Re-entry is allowed with a valid wristband.
- Event ends promptly at 10:00 PM and guests must leave the festival site by 10:15.
- Restrooms are located at each end of the festival.
- Intoxicated or disruptive individuals will be removed from the festival and are not eligible for re-entry.
- Event Tickets are non-refundable.
- First Aid is available at the Vendor Tent in the Entry Gate area.
- Designated Drivers will not receive a tasting glass and are not permitted to sample beers. Anyone with a Designated Driver wristband who is seen sampling beers will be removed from the festival.
- Ticket upgrades: Designated Driver tickets may be upgraded to General Admission tickets at the entry gate, day of event.
- Let us call you a ride: Volunteers at the Entry Tent will call you a cab at the end of the event. Proceed there when you are ready to leave and ask anyone there to call one for you.