What is it?
The Rochester Real Beer Week consists of a weeklong series of craft beer related events including tastings, food and beer pairings and dinners, socials, concerts, and craft beer launches. The ROCkin’ on the River at Tap & Table and the Rochester Real Beer Expo 2013 will start the week, and The Old Toad’s Cask Ale Festival and Lovin’ Cup’s Real 5K and Concert Finale conclude the week.
Where is it?
These events will be held at different venues throughout the Rochester area, including restaurants, bars, retail stores, and breweries.
Who is it?
The organizing committee for this series of events is comprised of members of the Business Association of the South Wedge Area (BASWA) and also by staff from the Tap & Mallet/Tap & Table. Participating venues are listed below.
Why is it?
Building on the success of the Rochester Real Beer Expo in 2011, BASWA & Tap and Mallet elected to share its success beyond our neighborhood. Partnering with the local craft breweries, restaurants, bars, and retailers, we launched the inaugural Rochester Real Beer Week in 2012. This year’s program boasts dozens of events across the region with plenty of opportunities to enjoy Real Beer with friends for ten very special days!
Events June 14-23, 2013
Friday, June 14
- CB’s Brewing White Hop Lunch Launch at Tap & Mallet
- CB’s Brewing White Hop Launch Tour at The Old Toad
- ROCkin’ on the River – Rochester Real Beer Week Official Kickoff Concert at Tap & Table
- CB’s Brewing White Hop IPA Launch at CB’s Brewing Tasting Room
- Genesee Brew House/Rohrbach Brewing Oaked Imperial Black IPA Launch Party at Genesee Brew House & Rohrbach Brew Pub
- CB’s Brewing White Hop Launch Tour at Johnny’s Irish Pub
Saturday, June 15
Sunday, June 16
Monday, June 17
Tuesday, June 18
- 3 Heads Brewing Happy Hour at The Revelry
- Peak Organic Beer Tasting at The Basin Pub
- Cadejo Negro Beer Launch with ROC Brewing at Joe Bean Coffee Roasters
- Taco Tuesday at Mex Restaurant
- Brooklyn Brewery presents Cans & Clams at Tap & Table
- East Coast vs West Coast Battle of the Hops at lovin’ cup bistro & brews
- Dogfish Head Beer vs Wine Pairing Dinner at Label 7
- Rohrbach Beer Pairing Dinner at Next Door by Wegmans
- Southern Tier Beer Social at Half Pint Pub
- Sour Flight Night at Victoire Belgian Beer Bar
- Ithaca Beer Corn Hole Competition at The Old Toad
- Hop Heads Beware! IPA Tap Takeover at Acme Bar & Pizza
- Johnny’s Gets Flooded by Great Lakes at Johnny’s Irish Pub
- Beer Trivia at Zebb’s Grill & Bar
Wednesday, June 19
- New England Brewing Beer & Cheese Pairing at Tap & Mallet
- Ripper’s Red Ale Cask Party at Stoneyard Bar & Grill
- Naked Dove Nacho Night at Mex Restaurant
- 3HB Hosts a Taste of Zebb’s at Zebb’s Grill & Bar
- Night of Gold with Tröegs at lovin’ cup bistro & brews
- Beer & Food Pairing Dinner at Rohrbach Railroad Street Brewery
- Goose Island Beer Pairing Dinner at Next Door by Wegmans
- Ommegang & Duvel Beer Social at Victoire Belgian Beer Bar
- Great Lakes & Southern Tier Tap Takeover at Acme Bar & Pizza
- Rochester & Beer Trivia at ROC Brewing Co.
- CB’s Brewing White Hop IPA and Lux Horny Brew Sampling at Lux Lounge
- Beers & Burlesque by Naked Dove at Skylark Lounge
- B(eer) Movie Bonanza at Lux Lounge
Thursday, June 20
- Toss Off for Victory at Tap & Mallet
- Women & Beer Social at Tap & Table
- Doves & Dogs at Caverly’s Irish Pub
- Great Lakes Beer Social at Half Pint Pub
- Stone Beer Pairing Dinner at The Owl House (2 Seatings)
- CB’s Brewing Beer Infused Pub Grub Dinner at The Stoneyard Grill
- Brewers Invade the Pub at Rohrbach Brew Pub
- Extreme Beer Tasting at The Old Toad
- Cadejo Negro Beer Launch with Joe Bean Coffee Roasters at ROC Brewing Co.
- Rogers Beer Pairing Dinner at Lento Restaurant
- Three Heads Brewing Vegan Beer Pairing Dinner at Next Door by Wegmans
- Boulder Brewing Beer Pairing Dinner at Tavern 58
- Good Nature Brewing Beer & Bites Dinner at Donnelly’s Irish Pub
- Great Lakes Meet the Brewer Night at lovin’ cup bistro & brews
- Night of Quads at Victoire Belgian Beer Bar
- Evil Twin & Stillwater Artisinal Tap Takeover at Acme Bar & Pizza
- Third Thursday Can Jam with The Nightstalkers in Star Alley Park sponsored by Lux Lounge, John’s Tex-Mex, and Nathaniel Square Corner Store